I am a professional Senior Graphic Designer/Art Director with over 14 years in the industry. I have worked with businesses of all sizes in all areas of design and advertising including corporate identity (logos, business cards, etc.), print, web and outdoor advertising, banners, displays, editorial layout, website design, PowerPoint presentations, Photoshop image editing, and more.
My policy is to work hard to produce the most creative solutions for my clients so they can grow their businesses and increase their bottom line. I want my clients to be thrilled with the work I do for them, and to show it off with pride.
I love the diversity this job offers. No two days are the same. I enjoy working with people from all types of industries. It enriches my life to be constantly learning from other people.
I work out of my home office, which is equipped with all the latest industry standard software, and professional hardware. I am a mother of two small children and a wife to my favourite person in the whole wide world. We live in the middle of Canada, and enjoy some of the best summers and the coldest winters in the world.
Senior Graphic Designer, Winnipeg, MB 2010
Corporate Communications/Advertising Department of provincial auto insurer
- Multi-media advertising campaigns for road safety and corporate initiatives, signage, posters, brochures, displays, financial reports, customer publications
- Brand implementation, conceptual development
McKim Cringan George formerly Taylor George Design
Art Director, Senior Designer Winnipeg, MB 2000-2009
- Print and outdoor advertising, reports, publications, brand identity, various print collateral and web design
- Conceptual development, brand consistency and teamwork
- Clients included Manitoba Hydro, Manitoba Opera, Destination Winnipeg, Frontiers North, University of Manitoba, and Manitoba Lotteries, Manitoba Public Insurance, Womens Television Network, National Screen Institute, Communication Services Manitoba, Polo Park, Winnipeg Airports Authority, Taylor George Design self promotion and others
Art Director, Winnipeg, MB 2009
Quarterly high-end food and entertaining boutique magazine
- Work encompassed design, layout and copy writing for magazine editorial and client advertisements
- Print production for a large publication, worked closely with the printer and photographers, attended press checks
Owner, Winnipeg, MB 2007-present
- Baby clothing and accessories company
- Tasks include all areas of running a small manufacturing business including design, manufacturing, sourcing suppliers and materials, marketing, sales, social networking, advertising and bookkeeping
Graphic Designer, Winnipeg, MB 1997-2000
Graphic design studio
- Brand identity, print and web design
- A strong emphasis was on internal marketing, business-to-business, non-profit and didactic collateral
- Clients included Investors Group, Folklorama, Winnipeg Humane Society, Manitoba Lotteries, Information Services and others